Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sheila's Pay It Forward.

" Pay it forward" is doing a random act of kindness for aleast someone who will in turn pass it on to other people.
From the movie: "You see, I do something real good for three people. And then when they ask how
they can pay it back, I say they have to Pay It Forward...to three more people. Each. So, nine people get helped. Then those people have to do twenty-seven." He turned on the calculator, punched in a few numbers. "Then it sort of spreads out, see, to eighty-one, then two hundred forty-three, then seven hundred twenty-nine, then two thousand, one hundred eighty-seven. See how big it gets?"

For my pay it forward I worked with Anita Chan, and Melina Cuneapen. We babysat my 3 cousins. Matthew, Jayden, and Fiona. This was honestly the best experiance ever! We had babysat my 3 cousins because I had to help my mom with this, because she was sick over the weekend and I had to tell Anita and Melina that plans were doomed. So they asked me " Sheila, we can help you babysit" When i heard those words over the phone, my heart beated with blood flowing joy!


We made arts and crafts, even took a bath for them, put them to sleep, feed them, and also played with them. It was so fun, Anita and Melina asked to babysit some other time. Which is awesome for my mom cause she really needs a break! My mom said that we made her day alot better without having to worry about a thing. This pay it forward was compeleted over the weekend. November 12-14 2011



These are some pictures of my cousins that we babysat:

Here is a picture of 4 year old, Fiona :
















And now Matthew of age 1 :















And finally 2 year old Jayden:















Well we had tons of fun over the weekend! We babysat 3 very fun and wonderful kids. I felt very happy that we helped my mom with this, even though i have helped her alot though these busy but fun years. I was overjoyed to see a ton of smiles coming from these amazing kids! Watching them grow up is just amazing! Even though sometimes these kids can be annoying or even worst CRYING! But thats okay. I didn't even mind that i had 3 wake up calls from Melina and 25 un-read emails from Anita on saturday morning. All of the re- planning, calls, and emails were totally worth it! Seeing my mom and the kids smile was just amazing! My mom makes Fiona's, Matthew's, and Jayden's parents life more easier knowing that they have a helping hand whenever it is needed. I have told my mom to " pay it forward" and she did! She have helped so many people already! So why stop? It's best to see every single person smile on this world!


The idea of Pay it Forward is so important because when one person helps 3 people, and one of those 3 people helps another 3 people, the numbers really add up and make a giant difference. The thought of helping someone without asking for anything in return is also really nice.
My act of kindness has made a difference to my mom and some very wonderful kids! Simply by Melina, Anita, and I babysitting some awesome kids. It was such a fun weekend! I hope that we can do this another time or even change it around by helping other people in the community.

Well thats MY pay it forward. Thanks for taking time in your day to read this!


















4 comments:

  1. good job on your payitforward Sheila sorry for the missclick I did.but your payitforward is a really good act of kindness you were lucky Anita and Melina asked if they can help babysit with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. heey sheila! Good job on your pay it forward with melina and anita! you guys did really good! I really liked how you guys spent your own time to babysit your siblings to help your mom when she was sick! that was really helpful for you guys to do! I really liked how you explained your paragraphs on how you spent your day babysitting them, that was really different to hear from someone else like you guys! I liked how you tool images of your siblings, but what happend to the picture with three of you and your siblings? maybe that was in one of there blogs, never mind, but that would be really cool if you put that image there, it would be really interesting too! but other that you showed your action that you could help you mom when she was sick to take care of your siblings and that was really thoughtful for you to do! you also showed that you really loved taking care of your siblings and that you showed that when they grow up, they could to exactly what you guys did for them! so goodjob Sheila! keep it up (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sheila I like your Pay it Forward seemed like you had a wondering time was the kids keep it up (:

    A. The people were involved with the act of kindness Sheila Melina and Anita, Receiving kids and their parents.

    B.The act of kindness that was completed was Babysitting for free.

    C. Im my opinion I think the parents Benefited because they got a day to relax and see there kids have a lot of fun.

    D. I can learn from their experience that when you help someone that really needs a break they are really thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete