Sunday, November 13, 2011

Raeesa's Pay it Forward

Part 1-What is "Pay it Forward"
Paying it forward is a concept that involves doing something good for someone in response to a good deed done on your behalf or a gift you received. However, when you pay it forward, you don't repay the person who did something nice for you. Instead, you do something nice for someone else. For example, if someone changes your tire while you are stranded on the highway, you might pay it forward by shoveling your elderly neighbor's walkway after a snow has fallen.
The concept of paying it forward comes from a 2000 movie Pay It Forward, starring Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt. In this movie, a young boy, played by Haley Joel Osment, is given a school assignment that requires him to find some way to change the world. He develops the pay it forward concept, setting forth a chain reaction of good deeds.

Part 2-What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?I babysat for free,and I helped an elderly.

Why did you choose this activity? I chose this activity because i didn't know what to do at first,and my idea was not following through.So then i thought of helping someone close to me that needed some help.

Who did you help?My old auntie ,and and my other auntie and uncle.

What did you do?I helped my old auntie around the house doing some chores and helped her set up her Christmas decorations. After helped babysit my little cousin for my auntie because she was not feeling well over the weekend ,and my uncle had to go to work.

When did you do you act of kindness? I did my act of kindness November 12,and November 13.

Evidence is at the bottom of this post....

Part 3-How did your act of kindness go? My act of kindness went really well.

What Happened? What happened was I first went over and babysat my little cousin on Saturday. Then I went over and helped my old auntie decorate and clean on Sunday.

How did you feel?I felt really good to see the smiles on there face when I went and told them that I would help them out on my Saturday, and that I didn't want anything in return.

How did the person or people react? They were very excited that I would take up my weekend to help the out

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"? Yes I did ask the person to pay It forward.

How did they react to your request?They were very surprised.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?

Part 4-
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important? I think that pay it forward is important because helping someone out of the good of your heart for nothing in return but for the other person to pay it forward, it is very special because if you can pass on this very good deed then you have no idea of how much people that you have helped, and in return you get the satisfaction of the good thing you have done.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?I think my act of kindness will make a difference because they said they will try and pay it forward in the future.

Here are some inspirational quotes.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Ghandi
“If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” Mother Teresa
“Together we can change the world, one good deed at a time.”



1 comment:

  1. Hi Raeesa! You did GREAT job! I bet you got tired babysitting because that was a very hard to do but you did it :). Well done, and also you did GREAT helping an elder! You really worked hard. one thing i can say is you DEFINITELY made a DIFFERENCE.

    ReplyDelete