Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Diana's Pay It Forward.

Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward"
It is a random act of kindness that you do to 3 people. You tell them to Pay it Forward, then they will Pay it Forward to 3 other people. It can get very big. You can just say hi or just do a little good deed like picking something up for someone, and it can make there day. If you think about it, you might be able to change the world with one good deed. I also think that one person CAN changed the world. And I also think that you can make yourself a better person by thinking of others instead of always yourself.

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness? My Pay it Forward act of kindness was buying toys, puzzles, stickers, bouncy balls, pencils, erasers, notepads and making origami. We put all of the toys in the bags and in total we had 50 bags 25 bags for girls and 25 bags for boys.

Why did you choose this activity? I chose this activity because I wanted to give treats to the children at the hospital because I know that theyre sick in the hospital and that I can do something to put a smile on their face and also something to entertain themselves while theyre in the hospital.

Who did you help? I helped the children in the hospital.

What did you do? I made goodie bags for children at the children's hospital.

When did you do you act of kindness? I did my act of kindness on Monday, November 14, 2011 at 8:00 AM at the Childrens Hospital







































































Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went good.

What Happened? My friends and I made treat bags for the children at the children's hospital and we took pictures and put in our scrapbook and in our video. In the end we went to the children's hospital and gave the lady Tania the treat bags.

How did you feel? I felt happy because I was making a difference and making a child smile just by giving them something.

How did the person or people react? The lady Tania who went to accept our treat bags for the children were very surprised because of the amount of treat bags we brought. She took a picture of us and told us that she was going to up it up on the Childrens Hospital website.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"? My group explained to her what "Pay It Forward" was We told her that "Pay It Forward" is doing something for someone not expecting anything back. and we asked the lady to "pay it forward" and she said she will because she wanted to see the "pay it forward" move around the world and making other people's lives better to.

How did they react to your request? The lady Tania was very happy that we made treat bags for the children and she was surprised about the amount of treat bags we brought.


Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of "Pay it Forward" is important because it gets people start thinking about someone other then themselves and help them without getting anything back. So they can see what a big change they made by just paying it forward. It's a nice way to show that even one person can make a difference in this world.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I think that it has made a difference because the children in the hospital could have a terminal illness or they're in the hospital because they may be injured and these gift bags can make them happier and take they're minds off being sick and such.


The lady Tania from the Children's Hospital sent us a messaged to us the next day. This is what she said

"Thank you again for the fantastic gift bags, your group really put a lot of work into it and they were beautiful. The kids loved them! There was one girl who’s mom was there and commented that they should do something nice like that too"



Here is our video


3 comments:

  1. Great job Diana! What you did to help out the hospital was really thoughtful and kind. I think they really appreciated that you took the time to actually make origami for the goodie bags! Keep up the good work! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really nice thing you did Diana, I think you made a whole bunch of kids happy. Donating all of those items to the children in the hospital probably made a huge impact on those children's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job Diana! I liked how you chose a deed that no that much people would choose. You gave a exerted so much effort and time into this specific job, making goodie bags, buying the supplies, going to the hospital and making you pictures stand out by adding some scrap booking and decorations to make you picture plot stand out! I also that that your deed was very successful because you gave the goodie bags out and all the kids seemed to like them and I'm sure if I was that kid I would thank you for letting all the kids know that there are still people thinking about what you are going through! Overall excellent job!

    ReplyDelete