Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Diana's Pay It Forward.

Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward"
It is a random act of kindness that you do to 3 people. You tell them to Pay it Forward, then they will Pay it Forward to 3 other people. It can get very big. You can just say hi or just do a little good deed like picking something up for someone, and it can make there day. If you think about it, you might be able to change the world with one good deed. I also think that one person CAN changed the world. And I also think that you can make yourself a better person by thinking of others instead of always yourself.

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness? My Pay it Forward act of kindness was buying toys, puzzles, stickers, bouncy balls, pencils, erasers, notepads and making origami. We put all of the toys in the bags and in total we had 50 bags 25 bags for girls and 25 bags for boys.

Why did you choose this activity? I chose this activity because I wanted to give treats to the children at the hospital because I know that theyre sick in the hospital and that I can do something to put a smile on their face and also something to entertain themselves while theyre in the hospital.

Who did you help? I helped the children in the hospital.

What did you do? I made goodie bags for children at the children's hospital.

When did you do you act of kindness? I did my act of kindness on Monday, November 14, 2011 at 8:00 AM at the Childrens Hospital







































































Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went good.

What Happened? My friends and I made treat bags for the children at the children's hospital and we took pictures and put in our scrapbook and in our video. In the end we went to the children's hospital and gave the lady Tania the treat bags.

How did you feel? I felt happy because I was making a difference and making a child smile just by giving them something.

How did the person or people react? The lady Tania who went to accept our treat bags for the children were very surprised because of the amount of treat bags we brought. She took a picture of us and told us that she was going to up it up on the Childrens Hospital website.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"? My group explained to her what "Pay It Forward" was We told her that "Pay It Forward" is doing something for someone not expecting anything back. and we asked the lady to "pay it forward" and she said she will because she wanted to see the "pay it forward" move around the world and making other people's livesbetter to.

How did they react to your request? The lady Tania was very happy that we made treat bags for the children and she was surprised about the amount of treat bags we brought.


Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of "Pay it Forward" is important because it gets people start thinking about someone other then themselves and help them without getting anything back. So they can see what a big change they made by just paying it forward. It's a nice way to show that even one person can make a difference in this world.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I think that it has made a difference because the children in the hospital could have a terminal illness or they're in the hospital because they may be injured and these gift bags can make them happier and take they're minds off being sick and such.


The lady Tania from the Children's Hospital sent us a messaged to us the next day. This is what she said

"Thank you again for the fantastic gift bags, your group really put a lot of work into it and they were beautiful. The kids loved them! There was one girl who’s mom was there and commented that they should do something nice like that too"



Here is our video


4 comments:

  1. Who was involved in the act of kindness? (giving and receiving)
    The people that were giving were Diana Bui, Serena Tonnu, Alyshia DaSilva, Irena Tonnu. And the people that were receiving were the people form the Children's Hospital Foundation.

    What act of kindness was completed?
    The act of kindness was that they made goody-bags and gave them to kids at the Children's Hospital Foundation.

    In your opinion, who benefited from this act of kindness?
    I think the children in the hospital benefited from this,because now they know that people out there care for them and want to get better. And also the group of girls that did this act of kindness, because they had that benefit of feeling good inside for doing this act of kindness.

    What can YOU learn from their experience?
    That doing something like this can probably make a kids day and bring a smile to there face.

    Nicole P. 8-73

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was involved in the act of kindness? (giving and receiving)
    - The people who are involve are Diana Bui, Serena and Irena Tonnu and Alyshi DeSilva.

    What act of kindness was completed?

    - They made goody-bags for the kids at the Children's Hospital foundation.

    In your opinion, who benefited from this act of kindness?

    - In my opinion, children from the hospital benefited from Diana and her other friends act of kindness because now the children know that a lot of people want them to get better and do care for them. I think that Diana also benifited from her act of kindness because she did something that will make her proud of herself.

    What can YOU learn from their experience?

    - I learned that doing something good that brings smile on someones life is a big achievement for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana! I really liked your groups "Pay It Forward" because I think that you proved a point. You really have made a difference to those children who are in the hospital because of diseases like cancer, or because they don't feel that well at all. I think your project was very unique because I know that if I was one of those kids who would be just lying down the whole day on the hospital bed, I would be bored out of my guts and I would probably be a little gloomy too. What I think was spectacular about your project was that not only did you earn enough money and decorated your goody bags, but you took your own time and effort into doing this simple act of kindness because it shows that your group and yourself was really into the whole idea of Pay It Forward. I'm sure all the children and their families are very thankful and appreciative about what you guys have done to lighten up their day! I loved the video because when I watched it, it made me impressed because of all the cool work you guys did. I also liked your thoughtful responses to the questions. Nice work Diana, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete