Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Janessa's Pay it Forward

"You see, I do something real good for three people. And then when they ask how
they can pay it back, I say they have to Pay It Forward...to three more people. Each. So, nine people get helped. Then those people have to do twenty-seven." He turned on the calculator, punched in a few numbers. "Then it sort of spreads out, see, to eighty-one, then two hundred forty-three, then seven hundred twenty-nine, then two thousand, one hundred eighty-seven. See how big it gets?" - Trevor


1. Pay it forward is when you do an act of kindness with nothing in return.
In the movie Trevor's teacher gave the class an assignment to pay it forward. A boy named Trevor bought home a homeless man and took care of him. After Trevor thought of a plan where if he helped one person that person would help another person and then it would keep getting bigger and bigger and more people would get involved in pay it forward.

2. What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My act of kindness that I chose was baking cupcakes for all the teachers and EA's at Sargent Park School.

Why did you choose this activity?
We chose this activity because we felt that baking cupcakes will put a smile on teacher's faces and in a way that is making a difference.

Who did you help?
We helped all the people working at Sargent Park School tun a bad day upside down.

What did you do?
First what we did was my group and I went to Michael`s and bought some thing to help us with the icing on the cupcakes. We also ended up going to Sobeys and buying the ingredients for the cupcakes. The next day Me, Ronalen, and Kassey all went to Kassey's house and baked honey cupcakes and iced them with vanilla frosting. Then on Monday at lunch we gave them out to all the teachers and EA`s at Sargent park school. Lastly, at the end we all got great feedback when we gave the cupcakes out. (:

When did you do you act of kindness?
We bought the ingredients on Saturday , baked the cupcakes on Sunday , and handed them out on Monday.

Part 3

How did your act of kindness go ?
My act of kindness went really when ! I was really excited to bake with my friends. We started at about 11:30 on Sunday and ended at about 3:00. Considering we had to bake 105 cupcakes and none were burnt !
What Happened?
What happened was after we made the cupcakes on Sunday we delivered them on Monday to all the people who work at Sargent Park.
How did you feel?
After doing my act of kindness I felt GREAT because when I told people "would you like a cupcake?" some people were like " how much are they" and i said nothing at all they are free. Then I could see the smiles on the workers faces after we gave them a cupcakes.
How did the person or people react?
All the teachers and helpers were surprised and happy every time my group and I would give a cupcake they would POP up with a smile (:
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
Yes, my group and I did ask people to pay it forward.
How did they react to your request?
They said " I sure will !!! "
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of pay it forward is important because we need to be inspired to change the world and having the chance to do something kind with nothing in return makes you feel really good about yourself " It starts with ME and ends in WE" ( That is Kassey's statement ) and what that means is if one person can do it then it will inspire three people and then those three people will turn out to be nine people changing the world and I think no matter how old or how young everyone can make a difference.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Yes, I think my act of kindness has made a difference because with the smallest change like putting a smile on someones face or even just making someone day with a cupcake you have made a difference.

Here is a video of us making the cupcakes and remember to pay it forward !

Some people would even ask what is it so we would explain what it is and we would also explain part of the movie pay it forward so people would know what it is. Other said oh okay thank you very much I

3 comments:

  1. Great job Janessa I liked the idea of giving the teachers cupcakes because sometimes we forget to thank the teachers. I know how long you worked on this with your friends. Some of the pictures in your video were a bit blurry. But other than that it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Janessa! It was a really good idea handing cupcakes to the teachers and helpers at Sargent Park School! They musts all be very pround and happy because they know that all there hard work isin't a waist of time and to show them how much we really care and thank them is to give them a treat for always teaching us from wrong to right! Good job again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Janessa :) I liked how you made cupcakes for all the teachers and EA's at Sargent Park. I liked it because you giving back to all the teachers that teached you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete