2. How can graphs be misleading. Show 3 ways.
1) Making a break in the y-axis.
2) Distorting the size of the visual
3) Distorting the size of the bars.
3a) The following chart shows Pizza Sub Sales over a month. What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
A: A line graph or a bar graph would show the data accurately.
3b) If you were selling Pizza Subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.
A: If I were selling Pizza Subs, I would continue to sell because each week they are selling more and more.
4. Below you see 2 different examples of graphs showing healthy choices sold at the canteen. If you had to convince Mrs Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices which graph would you choose?
A: If I had to convince Mrs. Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices, I would choose the line graph because it shows that people are buying more healthy food choices every month.
4a) Change each graph so that your information looks even MORE impressive. You may not change the data just the graphs.
Here a link to help you learn more about bar graphs:
Here's a video to help you learn more about bar graphs: