1. Use your notes to list the different types of graphs. Please list the advantages and disadvantages of each graph.
Advantage- it compares data across categories.
Disadvantage- sometimes it's inaccurate.
Double Bar Graph:
Advantage- it compares two sets of data across categories.
Disadvantage- can only compare two sets of data, and sometimes one of the sets might need a high number interval while the other one needs a small number and that may lead to the smaller set to be so small and inaccurate.
Advantage- it compares categories to the whole using percents.
Disadvantage- it takes a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of tools to construct it.
Advantage- it shows data that changes overtime.
Disadvantage- it can't show data that don't change overtime.
Advantage- it compares data that can easily be commit.
Disadvantage- the areas in a picture that was cut is hard to recognize so you have to assume.
2. How can graphs be misleading. Show 3 ways.
1. Break in the y-axis:
2. Distorting the visual:
3. Distorting the size of a bar:
2. a) The following chart shows Pizza Sub Sales over a month. What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
- I would use a line graph and a bar graph to show the information accurately.
2. b) If you were selling Pizza Subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.
- Yes I would continue to sell Pizza subs because the number of people buying Pizza Subs are getting higher and higher every week.
4. Below you see 2 different examples of graphs showing healthy choices sold at the canteen. If you had to convince Mrs Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices which graph would you choose?
- I would choose the line graph because when you look at it, the line is going up which shows that many people are buying this kind of food choices every month.
4a) Change each graph so that your information looks even MORE impressive. You may not change the data just the graphs.
Video: Here is a simple lesson about graphs. Seatback and enjoy :)
Link that can guide you to the wonders of graphs:
That's the end of my post. I hope you enjoyed and please comment :)