4. Explain how squaring a number is the the reverse of finding the square root of a number. Include an example with your explanation.
Squaring a number is multiplying a number by itself and finding the square root of a number is finding a number that when multiplied by itself equals the value.
9. What is the area of a square with each side length
10. Determine the area of a square with each side length
18. A floor mat for gymnastics is a square with a side length of 14m. What is the area of the floor mat in square meters?
21. Kate is going to put a patio in her backyard. The patio stones she is using each have an area of 1m2. She has created a rectangular design shown.
a) What is the area of the patio
b) What are the dimensions of another rectangular patio she could build with the same area
c) Kate decides to make a patio with the same area but she wants it to be a square with whole number side lengths. Is this possible? Explain your reasoning.
That's all the answers to questions 4, 9, 10, 18, and 21 hope this helps.
1. Answer in a short paragraph and with diagrams
Answer: The pythagorean relationship is a2 + b2 = c2. That means that a2 (we'll say its 3) + b2 (we'll say its 4) should = c2 (we'll say its 5). It also says that a and b the legs should equal the hypotenuse 5.
2. Solve the missing side length
P. S. don`t forget to put your answer on to the triangle
3. Is this a right triangle PROVE IT!!!
IT IS NOT A RIGHT TRIANGLE!!!