Ratio-A ratio is a comparison of quantities hat have the same units. Ratio can be written in many different ways.
Two- term ratio- Compares two quantities measured in the same units.
Three-term ratio- Compares three quantities measured in the same units.
Part-to- part ratio- Compares different parts of a group to each other.
Rate- It is a comparison of two quantities measured in different units.
Proportion- An equation which states that two ratios or fractions are equal.
1) 5 hours to travel 360 miles in about 72mph
2) As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1) First, you can go diagonally. You can multiply the top left to the bottom right and the top right to the bottom left.
2) Secondly, you can do it vertically. You divide the numerator to the denominator for each ratios.
3) Lastly, you can divide the top left to the top right. Then, you divide the bottom left to the bottom right.
Task 4) Here is a link to see a video about a class doing proportions. ENJOY !
1)Does this seem fair ?
No, it doesn't seem fair at all in my opinion.
2) With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?
No, it's not fair at all. I have made this choice because the first dude stole $ 3 BILLION DOLLARS and we was sent to jail for 40 months. Then the homeless man only stole $ 100 dollars because he was VERY hungry and well homeless, he got sent to prison for 15 years!
3) What would you have done if you were the judge ?
I would have sent the man that stole $3 billion dollars to 15 years in PRISON, and the homeless man off with a warning and let him stay at the detox center and let some people prepare if food like his own personal chief.